In this article we have question ourselves when and what would be the next Oracle BRM version. Oracle has released a new version of Oracle Communications 账单和收入管理 12 (Oracle BRM 12)
New capabilities include
- New unified functionality available in the modern, browser-based Billing Care user interface
- Advanced customer and asset management with subscription group services
- Corrective invoicing, credit profile management and sharing
- SEPA Payments, account and bill unit level refunds, item and event level disputes
- Collections management, write-off and recovery
- Secure and documented Billing Care REST API
- Enhanced security including use of Oracle Wallet
- Updated core technology support
No longer supported features
The following BRM components are no longer supported in Oracle BRM 12:
Oracle BRM Clients Replaced by Billing Care
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports the following client applications:
- Customer Center (including Customer Center SDK)
- GSM Manager Customer Center Extension
- Collections Center
- Payment Center
- Payment Tool
Use Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Billing Care for customer, payment management, and some collection tasks.
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports Brand Manager for creating new brands.
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports Pricing Center to create and maintain your price lists. You have to use Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center instead for creating and maintaining your price lists and other product offerings.
The following are the changes made to Content Manager in BRM 12.0.
- Content SDK Removed from Content Manager
- BRM 12.0 no longer supports Content SDK and the AAA Opcodes associated with Content Manager.
You have to use Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) for AAA functions.
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports the following optional managers:
- Email Manager
- IMT Manager
- RADIUS Manager- You have to use Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) RADIUS Gateway for authorization and authentication tasks. For more information, see ECE Implementation Guide.
- Resource Reservation Manager- You have to use Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) to reserve customer account balance resources in advance of a network session. For more information, see ECE Implementation Guide.
- Vertex Quantum Manager
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports the following BRM service managers:
- GSM AAA Manager
- GPRS AAA Manager
- Services Framework AAA Manager
You have to use Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) diameter Gateway for processing AAA requests.
Oracle BRM 12.0 supports Voucher Manager only if you have already installed it in your existing BRM system.
Web Services Manager
Oracle BRM 12.0 no longer supports Oracle GlassFish Server. You may install Web Services Manager only on the following servers:
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Apache Tomcat server
Tridens, an Oracle Gold Partner, offers consulting services, such as initial Oracle BRM implementations, proof of concept, enhancements, upgrading, etc. Click here to know more about Tridens 甲骨文BRM 服务。